MATH400: ELEM ARITHMETIC
This course covers essential arithmetic operations, whole numbers, integers, fractions, decimals, ratio, proportion, percent, applications of arithmetic, and critical thinking, as well as math-specific study skills. This is a pass/no pass course, with pass being given for mastery of the content. Units earned in this course do not count toward the associate degree and/or other certain certificate requirements.
- Perform basic operations with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and integers without the use of a calculator
- Analyze a variety of problems, decide on a correct method or strategy of solution, implement the strategy to solve the problem, and evaluate the solution to determine if it is reasonable using estimation skills.
- Set up and solve problems involving proportions and ratios.
- Develop and utilize math specific study skills and test-taking strategies
- Solve basic percentage problems using a variety of strategies