JLE185: FIELD TRAINING PROG
The Field Training Program is designed to provide a training continuum which integrates the acquired knowledge and skills from the Regular Basic Police Academy with the practical application of law enforcement services. This 80-960 hour variable course is certified by Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST). PREREQUISITE: POST Basic Certificate or Equivalent. Valid California Driver's License. Penal Code Section 13511.5 requires that each applicant for admission to the basic course of training certified by the Commission (including the P.C. 832 course) that includes the carrying and use of firearms, and who is not sponsored by a local or other law enforcement agency, or is not a peace officer employed by a state or local agency, department, or district, shall be required to submit written certification from the Department of Justice that the applicant has no criminal history background which would disqualify him or her, from owning, possessing, or having under his or her control a firearm.
- Demonstrate the ability to drive a patrol assignment in a safe, skillful, productive and professional manner.
- Explain the proper utilization of city or county support services, agency special teams and units.
- Apply the use of force policy in all confrontational situations.
- Apply department procedures during vehicle stops and pedestrian interactions.
- Apply the elements of a crime.