JLE162: SEARCH WARRANT INVEST
The course will cover search warrant law and procedure, knock notice, affidavit preparation, problems of search warrant preparation, the actual preparation of a search warrant by each participant, knock and talk. In addition, the course will provide the knowledge, skills and tactics necessary to properly serve and execute a search warrant effectively and safely. The student will develop a sound operational plan for the execution of a search warrant. This is a pass/no pass course. ADVISORY: JLE 100
- Demonstrate the knowledge necessary to prepare a legally approved search warrant.
- Develop a sound operational plan and conduct a briefing. Then serve a mock search warrant.
- Analyze and evaluate issues associated with the development of a search warrant and affidavit.
- Prepare and apply a mock search warrant effectively and safely.
- Evaluate applications and operations in search warrants and procedures.