JLE136: FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR
Designed for the experienced firearms person who wants to qualify for rangemaster. Students must supply equipment and ammunition. The course is P.O.S.T. certified. This is a pass/no pass course. Units earned in this course do not count toward the associate degree and/or certain certificate requirements. ADVISORY: JLE 100
- Develop a lesson plan and teach a unit of instruction.
- List range safety rules and describe the basic techniques of shooting.
- Demonstrate proper use of a handgun, rifle and shotgun on the range and apply all firearms principles learned in class to the range activities.
- Verbally give commands running the range with dry and live fire.
- Recognize and apply various adult learning strategies and utilize effective ways of training, teaching, and communicating.