JLE131: PC 832 - FIREARMS
This course covers the legal requirements for carrying and using firearms. Participants are instructed in the safe handling of firearms and techniques of shooting. This course is certified by the Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST). This is a pass/no pass course. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 420. PREREQUISITE: PC 832 Laws of Arrest or Equivalent.
- Describe and demonstrate the proper care and cleaning of a firearm.
- Describe all major parts and functions of semiautomatic and revolver handguns.
- Illustrate the principles of good marksmanship.
- Choose the proper shooting position for each situation.
- Demonstrate and practice skills learned regarding firearms safety and marksmanship.
- Apply the POST minimum requirements for firearms training for peace officers in the State of California.