JLE126: ADVANCED LATENT PRINT
This course prepares students to properly compare and identify partial latent palm and fingerprinting impressions recovered from evidence. The students will also learn how to present expert testimony in a court of law. This is a pass/no pass course. PREREQUISITE: POST Basic Certificate or Equivalent.
- Explain the basis for science of identification by friction ridge impressions.
- Describe and illustrate the various friction ridge formations and ridge flows found on the fingers, thumbs, and d palm surface of the hand.
- Identify and describe the"roadmaps"used to help locate and orientate the latent print impression for comparison to the known impression.
- Explain the importance of and demonstrate the use of fingerprint charts to illustrate and identify to a jury.
- Present expert testimony in a mock courtroom setting.