JLE119: FTO UPDATE
This course provides students with updated information to include role and responsibility of the Field Training Officer, legislative and training updates, principles of learning, and standards of documentation and remediation. The course examines state-mandated update training required by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST). This course satisfies the State requirement for triennial certification of the FTO according to POST. PREREQUISITE: POST Basic Certificate or Equivalent, JLE 118 or Equivalent.
- Recognize terminology, resources, testing methods, and other activities used in the regular basic course.
- Identify principles of remedial training plans and training documentation.
- Recognize the importance of ethics, leadership and professionalism and how they apply to the field training officer.
- Develop a training plan that uses varied adult learning styles and communication techniques.
- Review, identify and discuss the proper steps to follow when recommending termination of a trainee.
- Demonstrate accepted principles of conduct based on professional values at all times.