This course will develop student proficiency in adult learning theory, evaluation and documentation, leadership, remedial training and other skills necessary to become a qualified Field Training Officer. This course meets minimum California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training requirements for Field Training Officers and follows the guidelines and standards under 832.3 of the Penal Code. (POST Certified) PREREQUISITE: POST Basic Certificate of Equivalent.
- Recognize stress symptoms and apply/evaluate techniques used to reduce stress
- Create. prepare, evaluate procedures for probationary recruits.
- Describe ethical and legal issues involved in the evaluation of recruits.
- Compare and demonstrate techniques used for motivation and discipline
- Describe the program benefits of the FTO, Recruit and department/agency.
- Demonstrate the ability to train recruits on the job in areas of knowledge and practical techniques of police work.