AH9: HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY
A study of the functions of the major organs and organ systems of the human body, emphasizing control at the cellular level, integration of systems and homeostasis of the human body. This course is also listed as BIO 9. PREREQUISITE: Biological Science 7 or 15 with a grade of credit or C or better or equivalent. ADVISORY: Chemistry 30A and Chemistry 30B; eligible for English 250, English 260 and Mathematics 205.
- Develop a sound knowledge of human physiology, which will be used to formulate answers to questions about human physiology.
- Relate the functions of the body to its structures.
- Integrate knowledge of basic chemistry and physical laws to develop a better understanding of human physiology.
- Develop a sound knowledge of human physiology to be applied to practical situations in students' careers.
- Apply observations from laboratory experiments to understanding human physiology.