JLE111: BACKGROUND INVEST
This course is designed to give students the skills necessary to become an accomplished Background Investigator. This course applies the fundamentals of background investigation, interviewing, the use of psychological screening, polygraphs, legal aspects of background investigation, and verbal/non-verbal communication. This course is certified by POST. PREREQUISITE: POST Certificate or Equivalent, Valid California Driver's License.
- Recognize and have the ability to follow state requirements and legal aspects of Background Investigation procedures.
- Appraise, evaluate and compare investigative options.
- Compose legal documentation in the event of future legal challenges.
- Conduct a mock psychological evaluation.
- Distinguish between confidential and non-confidential information.
- Identify state and federal laws which regulate personal, financial, medical and work-related information.