JLE102: SUPERVISOR COURSE
This course emphasizes the basic elements of supervision and how they may be applied to police work. Essentials of good leadership and understanding of the basic needs of human beings as well as ways to stimulate subordinates to better performance are the contents of the course. This is a pass/no pass course. ADVISORY: JLE 100
- Demonstrate an understanding of how socialization works within a team organization
- Identify strategies used to socialize a team
- Demonstrate the ability to use a social contract to develop norms for behavior
- Identify and apply their roles as supervisors to clarify roles, norms, and expectations
- Develop supervisory strategies in of a variety of critical incidents.