JFT202: I-300 INTERMED ICS
This course consists of five modules developed by the National Wildfire Coordinating Group to train students to manage complex emergency incidents. This course provides more descriptions and details of the organization and operations of the ICS, covers management of resources, describes the duties of all positions including the Air Operations organization, and provides examples of how the essential principles are used in incident event planning. This is a pass/no pass course. PREREQUISITE: Fire Fighter I or equivalent. ADVISORY: I-200, Basic ICS or equivalent.
- Describe ICS reporting and working relationships for technical specialists and agency representatives.
- Develop sample organizations around a major event. Organizational development will include the use of all appropriate sections and organizational modules.
- Explain the criteria for determining when the incident Action Plan should be prepared in writing.
- Interpret data to identify the elements involved in an incident/event.
- Identify five key considerations associated with resource management and the reasons for each.