JFT17: EMERGENCY MED TECH
This course is designed to prepare students to render pre-hospital basic life support services, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation, with emphasis on field application, practices, and techniques vital to the interaction of EMT-I personnel with all levels of emergency medical personnel. PREREQUISITE: CPR Emergency Responder ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 420.
- Define the components of the statewide EMS systems.
- Describe the basic concepts of human anatomy and physiology.
- Identify and list terminology relevant to the assessment and maintenance of the human body's vital functions.
- Recognize the nature and seriousness of the patient's condition or extent of injuries to assess requirements for emergency medical care.
- Identify information relative to the management of trauma and medical emergencies with specific emphasis on overdoses, diabetes, and strokes.
- Demonstrate techniques of victim extrication from vehicles.
- Demonstrate emergency care procedures under simulated conditions.