JFT14: CDF ACADEMY
This course provides a basic firefighter course oriented toward the equipment utilized on CDF engines. Fundamentals of wildland fire control, pumping skills, incident command and techniques of controlling other emergency incidents are covered with a strong safety perspective. The course is structured with a maximum emphasis on demonstration, student application and performance examinations. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 420.
- Identify fire service organizations and their functions
- Identify Fire Service Labor Organizations and their contributions to the fire service
- Demonstrate an understanding of the rules and regulations for working with inmate fire fighters.
- The Student will describe the terms used to name major incident facilities, and state the function of each
- The student will don the wildland fire personal protective clothing under simulated fire conditions while wearing the CDF work uniform.
- The student will describe what occurs in the combustion process, list the components of the fire tetrahedron, types of heat transfer, and the products of combustion.
- The student will be able to identify the major components of portable lighting equipment and list appropriate safety considerations.
- The student will correctly list and describe types and components of fire hose couplings.
- The student will list and describe the criteria used to classify the different types of fire apparatus.