The Low Angle Rope Rescue Operational course is designed to provide training for responders in low angle rope rescue operations. This course will also provide training in a subject element required for the California Urban Search and Rescue (US and R) Basic and Light Operational Level.
- Identify rope rescue equipment, rescue knots and hitches, anchor systems, system attachments and fall restraint, belay/safety line systems, load-releasing devices.
- Apply methods and techniques used to inspect and maintain rescue rope, webbing, and hardware.
- Demonstrate methods and techniques to tie knots and package victims and rescuers.
- Demonstrate methods and techniques for using rescue equipment to build lower/raise systems in skills exam.
- Identify and apply information on rescue scene organization and management during scenario training.
- Demonstrate and apply basic low angle rope rescue techniques during skills exam.
- Identify litter walkouts and ladder systems used in low angle rope rescue operations in written exam.