HIST7B: HIST WESTERN CIVIL
A study of major elements in western heritage from Renaissance Europe to the present. Emphasis is on ideas, attitudes and institutions basic to western civilization of enduring interest. (C-ID: HIST 180) ADVISORY: Eligible for English 1A.
- Identify, distinguish and interpret significant events, individuals, theories specific to Western civilizations from the mid-sixteenth century to the present.
- Identify debate contemporary social values and assess their historical linkage.
- Differntiate between cause and effect in national and international affairs.
- Describe and evaluate key political, cultural, and socioeconomic factors in the history of Western civilization.
- Demonstrate clarity, fairness and objectivity in analyzing historical issues.