HIST3: HISTORY OF CALIF
A study of California's history from pre-contact with Europeans to the present day. Social, cultural, economic, political and environmental issues will be explored towards an understanding of California's history. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 1A and English 260.
- Explanation and demonstration of basic social and material characteristics of representative California indigenous nations.
- Analysis of California’s complex ethnic history and related social, political, economic, and technological development.
- Identification and analysis of key causes and consequences of California’s many boom and bust cycles.
- Development and refinement of varied research skills using state and local topics and resources.
- Comparision, contrast, and critique of the state’s major social change movements.
- Analysis of California's historical role as cultural innovation incubator.