HE1: HEALTH EDUCATION
This course focuses on attaining individual awareness, critical-thinking skills and self-responsibility relating to personal health. The interaction of individual physical, psychological, social, emotional, spiritual and environmental factors in determining health status is developed through integration of major concepts. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 260.
- The student will identify the concepts of wellness.
- The student will list at least five life stressors and describe healthy coping strategies.
- The student will list the benefits of physical activity.
- The student will appraise the risks and/or benefits of drug, alcohol and tobacco use/misuse.
- The student will explain the common risk factors that contribute to diseases such as cancer and CVD.
- The student will examine their intimate relationships and analyze the consequences of past decisions.