GUID561: INTRO WRITING SKILLS
This introductory course is designed to teach basic grammar and writing skills to students who have demonstrated difficulty mastering written language and who are eligible to receive learning disability services. Material is presented in a concrete, multi-sensory manner. The class includes opportunity for immediate practice, repetition, and review. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: Completion of Guidance 557 or demonstrated deficit in written language achievement. Recommended for students with verified learning disability.
- Students will use basic Internet skills to access iLearn and the Skillstutor program.
- Students will recognize grammar skills necessary to succeed in college writing courses.
- Students will analyze sentences for errors and learn to construct proper sentences.
- Students will explore and utilize assistive computer technologies that will assist them in the writing process.
- Students will identify their individual written language errors and the impact, if any, of their learning disability on their written language skills.