GUID530: JOB READINESS
This course is designed to provide a comprehensive, well-organized approach to assist individuals with the identification of occupational choices and the development of job readiness skills necessary to obtain and maintain employment in a competitive or supported work setting. May be repeated twice for credit. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass.
- Students will identify vocational skills, interests, abilities and personal work style.
- Students will identify appropriate workplace accommodations and under what circumstances they might be applied.
- Students will create a Master Application, Resume, Cover Letter and Letter of Reference/Resignation.
- Students will arrange and conduct three informational interviews with local employers.
- Students will prepare a professional networking resource sheet.