GUID28: TUTORING TECHNIQUE
This course is designed to train students in effective tutoring skills, introduction to how people learn, teaching to modalities, and techniques of working with student anxiety. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: English 250.
- Students will examine, discuss, and develop an understanding of cultural and social diversity of learners
- Students will compare and contrast well developed learning processes and underdeveloped learning processes.
- Students will examine and critically assess their learning process
- Students will apply, demonstrate and evaluate the Tutoring Cycle
- Students will interact with individuals and groups with sensitivity and awareness of differing opinions, values, and frames of reference
- Students will apply tutoring techniques in their tutoring activities and critique their performance
- Students will understand and apply Tutor Talk Options to effectively communicate to tutees