GUID210: FIRST YEAR COLLEGE
Students will acquaint themselves with college and university requirements, educational alternatives, and strategies for academic success. This will include an orientation to college programs, services, policies and facilities. Students will apply assessment test results, develop an individualized education plan and class schedule, and/or enroll in first semester classes.
- Explain the structure of systems of higher education and be able to identify all options at Gavilan College.
- Navigate and utilize Gavilan online systems including Self Service Banner, myDegreeWorks, SARS scheduling, and iLearn.
- Identify an educational goal and complete an education plan.
- Identify and access campus resources.
- Apply research and decision making skills to major selection, transfer objectives, and/or career decision making.
- Explain college classroom expectations and the student/faculty relationship. Articulate differences between college and high school expectations.
- Identify and apply study and test taking strategies.
- Identify potential obstacles/barriers to success and strategies to manage them.