FRNH1A: ELEMENTARY FRENCH
French 1A is a multi-skilled beginning level class with emphasis on understanding and speaking French. Students are introduced to the cultures and customs of various French-speaking countries.
- Respond to and use basic greetings, courtesy phrases and typical classroom expressions.
- Provide personal information in spoken and written form.
- Pronounce and spell the names of objects, people, places and activities in each of the familiar topic areas.
- Discuss and employ customs of French-speaking countries.
- Ask and answer, in speech or print, yes-no and information questions in the present, near future, and past tenses in topic areas such as self, family, and hobbies.
- Make oral and written statements in the affirmative and negative about their activities in the present, near future, and past tenses.
- Recognize and define cultural differences among the various French-speaking countries.
- Imitate French customs in speech and mannerisms.