ESL704B: ESL IN THE WORKPLACE
This is a content-based integrated skills course for ESL students who want to prepare for immediate entry into the job force. Students expand their language skills within the realm of the work world and specific vocational career of interest while also developing the soft skills needed in the workplace. This course is a combination of lecture, lab, and self-paced instruction. ADVISORY: ESL 704A
- Recognize, define, and recall vocational vocabulary.
- Apply vocational vocabulary in written and spoken communication.
- Demonstrate cooperative work strategies.
- Interpret operational instructions of a machine, report problems and fill out a repair order
- Demonstrate sociability in communication with customers.
- Manage resources effectively.
- Follow procedures for job safety.