AH32: BASIC CARD/LIFE SUP
Course designed to teach students skills in adult, child and infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Specifically designed for health professionals. Successful completion will result in certification by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross. This is a pass/no pass course. May be repeated three times for credit. $12.00 course material fee. Additional $5.00 due upon completion for certification card.
- Student will demonstrate professional level skills necessary to perform CPR for one-person and two-person rescues of adults, children and infants. Students will demonstrate with correct technique the entrance of a second rescuer and rescuers changing positions.
- Student will demonstrate professional level skills necessary for airway management including: airway obstruction, prevention of disease transmission, use of barrier devices, resuscitation masks, ambu-bag ventilation, modified jaw thrust and triple airway maneuver.
- Student will be able to distinguish the signs of a heart attack, stroke and respiratory emergencies.
- Student will demonstrate the skills necessary to assess and treat a conscious and unconscious victim with an airway obstruction caused by a foreign body.
- The student is able to identify when an automatic External Defibrillator (AED) is necessary and is able to correctly demonstrate the appropriate use of the device.
- Students will be able to identify strategies for prevention of injuries in children and infants.
- Student is able to distinguish and perform skills that are expected of a professional rescuer at the scene of a medical emergency within the community and the role of emergency medical services (EMS) system.