ESL563: ADV ESL COMP II
This course is a composition course for ESL students that refines and further expands college composition skills through the writing of essays. The course focuses on the structuring and development of an essay with the use of personal examples. Students write in response to a variety of prompts using different rhetorical patterns such as classification, narration, argumentation, and cause/effect. PREREQUISITE: ESL 552, 553, and 554 with a grade of "C" or better or ESL assessment recommendation.
- Express thoughts in English focusing on fluency and self-discovery.
- Apply prewriting strategies to the development of a piece of writing.
- Outline multiple paragraphs and essays.
- Write essays with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Do self and peer editing.
- Revise writing assignments following instructor and peer feedback as well as self-editing.
- Apply writing skills in timed in-class writing sessions.