ESL532: INT ESL READ/VOC I
This course continues the development of reading skills and vocabulary through the application of different reading strategies to a variety of selections on topics of interest to academically-bound students. PREREQUISITE: ESL 522 with a grade of 'C' or better or ESL assessment recommendation. Recommended concurrent enrollment in ESL 531 and 533.
- Identify the main idea of a reading.
- Identify the supporting details of a reading.
- Skim and scan a reading for specific information.
- Use knowledge of parts of speech and affixation to understand new vocabulary.
- Use context clues to understand new vocabulary.
- Apply reading skills to understand a new reading
- Use knowledge of basic grammar to understand a new reading.
- Read short selections of literature for comprehension and enjoyment.