ESL531: INT LISTEN/SPEAK I
In this course, listening and speaking skills are developed through extended listening exercises, open-ended dialogues, pair and group discussions, oral interviews, and oral reports. PREREQUISITE: ESL 521 or ESL 528 with a grade of 'C' or better or ESL Assessment Recommendation. Recommended concurrent enrollment in ESL 532 and 533.
- Identify and use key aural information (main ideas, details, and inferences ) to understand aural passages.
- Recognize and employ new topical vocabulary.
- Recognize targeted suffixes in aural passages and use in speech.
- Demonstrate fluency of spoken English in oral or group oral presentations on assigned or self-selected topics.
- Demonstrate the ability to retrieve information via internet for use in presentations.
- Apply note-taking skills to level-appropriate material.