ENGR10A: INTRO TO ENGR I
Engineering 10A introduces students to the engineering profession. Topics will include an introduction to the various engineering disciplines; the role of engineers and engineering in society; the curriculum requirements for the various engineering disciplines at different four-year institutions; academic success strategies; personal and professional development techniques; an introduction to the engineering design process; an introduction to engineering problem-solving methodologies; engineering ethics; communication skills; and working as a member of a team. ADVISORY: English 250.
- Explore the engineering profession and compare and contrast the various disciplines.
- Identify academic success strategies.
- Identify personal goals.
- Identify pathways for lifelong personal and professional development.
- Develop good engineering design skills.
- Develop team skills and communication skills.
- Perform experiments and provide data analysis.