ENGL9C: CREATIVE WRITING: POETRY
This course is an immersion into poetry and its creation, providing students opportunities to practice the craft of poetry, receive feedback, and read poems by established writers. Emphasis will be placed on a variety of poetic forms and the development of terminology useful in both creating and analyzing poetry. PREREQUISITE: Eligible for ENGL 1A or completion of ENGL 9A.
- Employ and identify a variety of expressive elements in the production of poetry.
- Recall and apply terminology such as iambic, dactyl, sonnet, villanelle, haiku and free verse.
- Compose, appraise, and revise poems.
- Select and prepare a collection of poetry.
- Identify publications, plan on how to approach potential poetry audiences, and prepare to approach them.