ENGL5B: SURVEY AMER LIT
This course is a study of the masters of American Literature and the major trends of literature during the years 1865 to the present. The major trends can include Realism, Naturalism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, etc. (C-ID: ENGL 135) PREREQUISITE: Eligible for English 1A.
- Interpret and identify literary passages from the major trends in American Literature.
- Explain the social and historical influences which inform American Literature from 1865 to present.
- Examine literary techniques that are employed in the works of American Literature.
- Synthesize and compare texts within a critical framework.
- Research American Literature within a critical framework (e.g. Biographical Criticism, Structuralism, Deconstruction, Post-Structuralism, Feminism, Marxism, etc.)