ENGL4A: BRITISH LITERATURE
This course is a study of the masters of early British Literature from the years 449 - 1798 and the major literary trends within that time period. In this course, students will work to understand the language and concepts within early British poetry and prose, as well as explore the social and historical influences which inform this literature. (C-ID: ENGL 160) PREREQUISITE: Eligible for English 1A.
- Interpret and identify literary passages from the major trends in British Literature
- Explain the social and historical influences which inform British Literature from 449 to 1798
- Examine literary techniques that are employed in the works of early British Literature
- Synthesize and compare texts within a critical framework.
- Research British Literature within a critical framework (This can include Biographical, Historical, Sociological, Narratological, Gender, and Marxist approaches to the work, among other possible critical approaches.)