CSIS85: WEB DESIGN
Basic and intermediate principles of designing web pages using html editor, content management systems, and/or CSS. Emphasis will be on concept development, interface and navigation design, layout principles and the use of a html editor and CSS to execute, develop, and maintain professional Web sites. Topics will include enhanced text formatting, styles and forms. This course also includes the integration of multimedia components such as graphics, sound, animation, and video. This course is also listed as DM 85. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: CSIS 6 or basic knowledge of HTML.
- The students will be able to design and construct high-level web pages using Dreamweaver, HTML and CSS with good design principles, working individually and in groups.
- The student will be able to use various techniques using Dreamweaver and CSS in designing a website, including the use of tables, frames, lists, graphics.
- The student will know how to make a web page accessible and user-friendly.
- The student will be able to design a functional website that contains at least six pages that demonstrate the use of tables, frames, lists, graphics, rollovers, links.
- The student will be able to upload (publish) the website that has been designed in order for it to be viewed by others.