CSIS572: ADAPT COMPUTR BASIC
This course will include an introduction to the basic concept of how computers work, using the computer keyboard, word processing, beginning Internet and presentation graphics. This course will be self-paced and adjusted so that students with disabilities can learn a number of adaptive devices designed to make computers accessible. This is a pass/no pass course. May be repeated as necessary based on measurable progress as documented in the Student Educational Contract. ADVISORY: This course is intended for students with a verified disability who show a need for the use of adaptive computer programs and/or equipment or demonstrated academic deficit.
- The student will demonstrate a basic knowledge of the personal computer in general and adaptive uses specifically designed to enhance their ability to communicate.
- The student will describe the information needed and planning required to operate a computer system.
- The student will recognize and use computer terminology to describe appropriate functions of computer systems and applications.
- The student will use the Internet to browse web pages, print pages, search for information, and compose, send and retrieve e-mail.
- The student will demonstrate beginning skills level using application programs that provide word processing.
- The student will use MS PowerPoint to produce a presentation.
- When necessitated by their disability, the student will demonstrate use of appropriate assistive technologies.