CSIS179: INTRO TO INFO SEC
This course introduces students to network security concepts and prepares them for computer systems and network management duties. This course covers security concepts, communications and infrastructure security, basic cryptography, and operational and organizational security. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: CSIS 178.
- Define information Security in the context of local area networks, World Wide Web, wireless networks, and cell phones.
- Define and identify malicious code as generated by hackers, crackers, spies and cyberterrorists.
- Audit information security schemes to determine the relative security of a computer or a network.
- Harden Systems by implementing various security protocols such as anti-virus software firewalls and WEP for wireless networks.
- Explain cryptographic strengths and vulnerabilities as used in VPN (virtual private networks) and other tunneling protocols