CSIS140: BASIC DIGITAL FILM/VIDEO
An on-line self-paced course covering the basics of film/video production and post production (editing) using "easy to use" computer software such as Apple's iMovie. Beneficial for students who are producing a video/film project as a requirement for another college course, extra skills development, or for self interest. Completion of the associated class or personal project in DVD format using either personal video equipment or the equipment in the Digital Media Studio is required. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. This course is also listed as DM 140.
- In a team environment or individually, student demonstrates analysis of a story and creates needed steps such as script writing& storyboarding for its production.
- Student demonstrates ability to organize others with an aesthetic concern. Critically analyzes situations and applies learned principles of movie producing such as camera position, lighting design, and on- screen movement.
- Student will be able to rationally solve problem of organizing video material into a continuous and logical progression using computer software as a tool.
- Student using a computer and software will demonstrate methods for adding and/or creating audio/music material to project so that it aesthetically enhances the visual content and storyline message.
- Student will demonstrate principles of motion design by adding titles and effects using computer software.
- Student or students will demonstrate analysis by critically reviewing work and deciding when it is complete and aesthetically pleasing.
- Student will demonstrate knowledge of computer software by creating a DVD of project.