CSIS120: COMPUTER ACCOUNTING
An introduction to computer assisted accounting. Hands-on use of a microcomputer menu-driven accounting package to do general ledger, sales journal, cash receipts journal, cash payments journal, purchases journal, payroll, receivables, payables and related financial reports. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. This course is also listed as ACCT 120. ADVISORY: CSIS 1 or CSIS 2 or the equivalent computer experience. ACCT 20 or ACCT 101 or ACCT 103 or ACCT 105 or the equivalent accounting experience.
- Student will use QuickBooks to set up accounts and enter data
- Student will set up payroll. print checks, process payroll forms and generate payroll reports.
- Student will demonstrate setting up accounts, then customize the chart of accounts.
- Student will record banking, inventory, invoicing, purchasing, and payment transactions.
- Student will generate reports on the financial data of a small service company and a small merchandising company.