CSIS10: BASIC PROGRAMMING
This course is an introduction to programming using BASIC. No previous programming background is assumed. This class is for those new to programming and recommended for non-programmers who want to take other programming classes, with the expectation that learning one computer language will generalize to other languages. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: CSIS 1 or CSIS 2 or equivalent experience.
- Design, implement, test, and debug a program that uses computation, simple I/O, standard conditional and iterative structures, and simple functions.
- Choose appropriate primitive data types and data structures for a given problem.
- Identify fundamental programming concepts.
- Apply program control structures.
- Choose appropriate test data, and use it to debug programs.