CSIS1: COMPUTER LITERACY
An introduction to terminology, design, operation for the novice user. Student will gain experience using the Internet for searches and email. They will complete projects using various software including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation graphics, and integration. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 260; completion of CSIS 122.
- The student will recognize, define, and appropriately select computer terminology.
- The student will identify, compare and contrast and, appropriately select computer hardware components and software.
- use the Internet to browse web pages, print pages, search for information, and compose, send and retrieve e-mail
- use MS Word to create letters and other documents, including tables
- use MS Excel to create spreadsheets with labels, calculations, and totals; format reports and produce charts
- use MS Access to enter records and produce reports; use MS PowerPoint to produce a presentation