CMUN1A: INTRO PUBLIC SPEAK
Basic principles of effective human communication and their function in contemporary public settings; emphasis is on the speeches to inform and persuade, with special consideration given to fundamental communication skills, including organization, reasoning, explanation, rhetoric and listening. (C-ID: COMM 110) ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 260.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral presentation skills through extemporaneous delivery
- Students will construct organized, logical and well supported outlines for oral presentations
- Students will locate, analyze and evaluate research of printed materials and electronic resources and apply the information in the formulation of speeches
- Students will recognize and identify effective oral presentation skills including types of speeches, organization, delivery and visual aids.
- Students will listen, analyze and evaluate student and guest speakers
- Students will distinguish between various purposes of speaking including informative and persuasive and illustrate each