CMUN11: BUSINESS CMUN
This course will explore business communication contexts by examining organizational cultures, strategic vision and goal setting, leadership managerial roles, and team building communication. Emphasis is placed on analytical and organizational skills, listening, nonverbal and verbal communication, public speaking communication methodology, and domestic and international relations through use of hybrid online and classroom environment for lecture and application. PREREQUISITE: English 250. ADVISORY: Communication 1A or English 1A.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral presentation skills through extemporaneous delivery
- Students will recognize and identify effective oral presentation skills including types of speeches, organization, delivery and visual aids
- Students will locate, analyze and evaluate research of printed materials and electronic resources and apply the information in the formulation of speeches
- Students will construct organized, logical and well supported outlines for individual and group oral presentations, and research assignment
- Students will demonstrate responsiveness, interpretation and critique of peer performance
- Students will collaborate on small group assignments using both electronic and classroom settings.