CMUN10: SMALL GROUP CMUN
An introductory course that develops basic individual reasoning skills, insights and experiences in information-sharing, interacting, decision-making, problem-solving, persuasion, and resolution of disputes and other issues central to group processes. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 260.
- Students will demonstrate how to effectively communicate and listen in a small group setting among diverse groups of people.
- Students will participate in information sharing, decision making and problem solving discussions evaluating information.
- Students will plan, propose and execute small group projects and oral presentations reflective of their goals.
- Students will analyze and assess theories and principles of effective small group, including persuasive theories related to reasoning and argumentation in a variety of group settings.
- Students will create agendas and minutes and schedule and operate small group meetings.
- Students will demonstrate conflict management and leadership skills in group interactions.