CD30B: STUDENT TEACHING II
Advance practicum, continuation of CD 30A. Designing, developing and implementing contemporary curriculum and instructional methods for early childhood education. PREREQUISITE: Completion of Child Development CD 30A with a grade of "C" or higher. Concurrent enrollment in at least 2 units of CD 190.
- Integrate understandings of children's development and needs to develop and maintain healthy, safe, respectful, supportive and challenging learning environments for all children.
- Students will describe and evaluate the effectiveness of an early childhood curriculum, classroom, teaching strategies and how teachers involve families in their children's development and learning to improve teaching practices for all children.
- Design, implement and evaluate curriculum activities that are based on observation and assessment of all young children.
- Apply a variety of effective approaches, strategies and techniques supporting positive relationships with children and adults
- Critically assess and articulate one's own teaching experiences that guide and inform practice.