CD219: INTRO CHILD DEV IN SPANISH
This course will orient mono-lingual (Spanish) Child Development students to Gavilan College and the Child Development and Educational Studies (CDES) departments. Students will be provided an overview of campus academic and support services and programs, explore the professional opportunities in the field of Child Development and learn effective strategies for college success. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. NOTE: This course is taught in Spanish.
- Student will list and describe the various Gavilan College academic and financial student support services for student success.
- Student will explain the various Child Development certificates and degrees offered at Gavilan College.
- Student will compare the Title 22 teacher requirements and the Title V Child Development Teacher matrix
- Students will complete an Education Plan leading to a Child Development Certificate and/or associate teacher permit with one financial aid application.
- Student will describe career pathways from community college certificates to 2-year and 4-year college degrees
- Students will identify various jobs, titles and related coursework for a variety of careers with children and identify potential careers for themselves.