CD19: INTRO CAREERS/CHLDN
An overview of Department of Social Services and Department of Education regulations regarding early childhood professionals in California. Self-assessment techniques with emphasis on building relationships with children, families and colleagues. National standards, Code of Ethics, Public Policy and CA Early Childhood Foundations will be discussed as essential ingredients for effective early childhood programs. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 260.
- Explain the developmental stages of teachers.
- Describe employment options in the child development field.
- Describe the various types of child development programs, and be able to identify key components of each.
- Explain the differences between Title 5 and Title 22 early childhood programs.
- Develop professional goals and educational plan
- Describe the options available for employment in the early childhood field.
- Describe developmentally appropriate programs for young children
- Define compensation and workplace rights, and professional ethics.
- Describe the licensing requirements of Family Child Care.
- Explain the continuum for quality programs in CA.