CD17: EXPLORE SCIENCE W/CHILDREN
Learn to teach a coordinated science curriculum covering life, natural and physical science concepts familiar and interesting to children age 2-8. Using easily found or low-cost materials and the Socratic method of questioning are primary strategies for developing reasoning skills and science concepts in children. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 or 260.
- Produce an integrated curriculum of natural, physical and life science explorations with children.
- Design and apply basic vocabulary in physical, natural and life sciences curriculum.
- Develop basic concepts of physical, natural and life sciences related to ecosystems, geology, botany, life cycles, and physics as they relate to explorations of sand, dirt, water and the natural environment.
- Develop facilitation skills when working with science inquiry.
- Develop documentation skills.