CD15: MUSIC/MOVEMENT FOR CHILDREN
An introduction to music and movement curriculum within the social, cultural, and developmental context of young children from diverse backgrounds. Students will have opportunities to use equipment, materials and resources in music and movement to develop appropriate curriculum and learning experiences integrating math, early literacy, and cultural concepts. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 260.
- Identify developmentally appropriate music and movement activities and experiences based on stages and ages of children from 0 – 5 years old.
- Demonstrate different skills in music of singing, moving, and playing rhythm instruments
- Compare approaches to create, invent, and express through music and movement
- Discuss the fundamental movement skills of balance, locomotor/nonlocomotor movement, and manipulative skills.
- Demonstrate approaches to explore and experiment with movement with and without the use of equipment and materials
- Develop music and movement lesson plans integrating elements for math, early literacy and culture.