CD14B: BEHAVIOR/GUID SAC
The nature of children's development stages causes school age children to act in different ways at different ages. This course helps students understand the relationship of development, environment, culture and social circumstances to children's behavior. An overview of guidance theories offers strategies to reinforce positive behaviors, encourage communication & cooperation, and establish age-appropriate and consistent limits in a variety of circumstances. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: English 250, English 260, and CD 3
- Describe six discipline models.
- Evaluate guidance strategies that will work in different circumstances.
- Develop a personal theory of discipline.
- Be able to relate theorists to their individual discipline theories.
- Distinguish between discipline and instructional methods.
- Integrate one or more discipline models into a practical classroom management application.