CD11B: ADM OF PUB FUND CCC
This course is designed to meet the State Department of Education requirements for directors of publicly funded child development programs, and the Supervisory Child Development Permit. Topics covered include development of personnel policies that reflect the philosophy and goals and objectives of the program, development of a staff development plan, classroom management and record keeping, assessment and curriculum planning, and parent involvement/education. Financial record keeping will be discussed from the perspective of the granting agency. ADVISORY: Completion of 12 units in Child Development or working in an administrative capacity in a children's program.
- Students will be able to identify the requirements placed upon them by the receipt of public funds.
- Students will be able to organize philosophy, goals, and objectives into a program, a curriculum, and a parent involvement program that reflect the requirements of an agency.
- Students will be able to design and explain a financial management system that tracts and reports the use of public monies.
- Students will be able to list important funding sources for early childhood programs
- Students will be able to utilize a state funded program requirement to assess children in child development programs
- Students will be able to set up staff development activities in response to identified needs
- Students will be able to list and analyze the components of a comprehensive evaluation program for the center and the students
- Students will be able to demonstrate cultural awareness and respect for participants and staff of publicly funded programs