BOT183: MEDICAL CODING
This course will introduce the student to the theory and procedure of coding for medical diagnoses, an increasingly essential and specialized healthcare communication system. The course is not a certification course. CPT coding is covered, with an overview of both ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. ADVISORY: BOT 180.
- List the uses of the ICD-9-CM.
- List the uses of the ICD-10-CM.
- Explain the uses of coding conventions when assigning codes.
- Demonstrate use of ICD-9-CM
- Demonstrate use of ICD-10-CM
- Explain the uses of CPT coding and CPT modifiers